
Next week Baby Gnat will turn one. I have no desire to have a big ass birthday party. The night she entered the world it was just the Anti-Hippie and myself, so I see that it is only fitting that we quietly celebrate the day that she came into this world. I am planning on having a few close relatives come over and eat some water-melon, and that is about it. I am not purchasing a "Dive Cake", a cake that a baby can get messy with, I am not making a cake. The girl absolutely loves water melon so that is what I will be serving.
I am not against having a party, but parties for babies are really for the parents and the grandparents. She will not remember it, although I am sure there will be lots of photographs taken. She is very special to her family, but we are not having a big party for her. I am sure that her cousin who was born two weeks after her, will have a big she-bang of a party, but I am not that baby's mother. I think that we might have a place where guests can write the baby a sweet note that I will tuck into her baby book. I know that this is my decision, but I just got a call from Aunt Duckie and she wanted to know about the party. So next Sunday you are all invited to my house for some watermelon and a real happening PARTY!!
2 comments:
The Boy didn't have a "real" party until this past year when he turned three and Spike will not be having a party until then either. I don't see the point. As you said, it's not for the baby. It's for the parents! Wish I could be there to celebrate Baby Gnat (it is embarrasing, by the way, how long it took me to "get" that nickname). Have a big ol' slice of watermelon for me!
You're not being a bad mother. You are giving your baby what she loves for her first birthday and keeping the chaos to a minimum. That's being a good mother! And her little cousin has crazy parents who are living in denial.
Post a Comment