Thursday, July 24, 2008

And it's One, Two, Three Strikes Your Out

Eddy Haskell is at Nature Day camp this week. He is staying with my parents all this week, and he was under direct instruction not to misbehave this week, at camp and at the grandparent's house. Nature camp has a strict discipline policy that states if you get three strikes during the week they will call your parents and you will be asked to leave camp.
When I talked to Eddy on Tuesday he said camp was going well and that he could not wait until next year when the campers get to 'camp out' one night. Well, yesterday Crabby Patty calls me and tells me Eddy has something to tell me, he got two strikes. He failed to mention that one of the strikes he got on Tuesday and the other one he got Wednesday. I was so angry with him, one for being dishonest, as he has the propensity to tell people what they want to hear and two because he is such a smart kid who really should not be getting in to trouble.
So I drove up to my parents house to lecture the kid, on being dishonest and to scare the bejeebers out of him so that he won't get the THIRD strike. I laid it out that he would not be watching television, he would be going to bed early, and he would not get to go to camp early in the morning, he would be arriving at the same time as all the other campers.
So, this morning he and Crabby Patty called me to wish me a Happy Birthday. I reiterated to him once more that he does not have anymore warnings, that the next inappropriate behavior he exhibits will get him kicked out of camp.
Let's hope the phone does not ring today. And boy howdy let's hope that he keeps it in line for the next two days.

2 comments:

Jill said...

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

And second of all, this is so me!! I have put the "fear of God" into my THREE year old so many times. Hubbz thinks it's too much, but seriously, sometimes that's what it takes to get their attention and I can imagine it's only going to get worse. Like on Monday when I picked him up from preschool and he was wearing someone else's pants because he had TWO accidents that afternoon and went through his back-up outfit. He got quite a talking to -- calmly of course -- on the way home and the next day I told him that if he had an accident, which I'm sorry... he's been potty trained for too long to not be able to tell his teacher when he has to go... then there would be no soccer practice that night. And sure enough, not a single accident since then.

Yeay for moms who lay down the law!! And here's hoping Eddie makes it safely through the rest of the week with no strikes.

Earthy Mama said...

Thanks CDJ, I too hope that he does not get that 3rd Strike!! Now how about some Birthday wine!!