Today was one of those days, one of those days that makes me wish I could win the lottery, so that I could stay home and so that I would be able to hire someone to take care of all those things that are necessary but that I dread doing. Now I am a strong capable woman, and work does not scare me. Nor am I one to think that domestic chores are gender specific, but......
When I got home today, a little later than usual, as I treated myself to a pedicure, I had and still have a ton of things to do before I can sit down and enjoy my newly painted toes. It has been raining here on the Illinois' Prairie and it is muddy outside, so taking care of our pets is quite a hassle right now. We used to have two inside dogs until one decided she would eat the one hundred year old wood work and then use the white carpet as a bathroom. So needless to say she is outside, and her pen is located very near a down spout, so her pen is full of mud and wet straw. So when I got home I had to feed her, and try not to get my toes too muddy, next came the **********(you fill in the word) Koi pond, yeah at my new house I no longer have a swimming pool, I have a Koi pond. A beautiful water feature, that needs attention EVERY DAY. You have to climb up another pile of rocks, and I am not kidding a pile of rocks to reach the first filter, that is for the water fall and then you have to clean the second filter and basket. Okay, I am not a wussy or anything, but algae ridden filters are not fun to clean, while once again I am trying not to ruin my TOES. This fish thing is a pain in my hemorrhoids. Finally I have to feed the lizard, actually if you talk to Mr. Anti-Hippie or Eddy it is a Leopard Gecko, (excuse me) and I have to get her out and hold her in one hand while I catch baby crickets in the other. Yeah and did I mention that I am doing all of this while trying to keep a 10 month old, out of the things she likes to play with like the VCR, dangerous outlets that are covered but they are on the floor, and stairs. Yeah real fun, so now I must go and uncork that bottle of Norton from the local winery and watch Grey's and LOST. So to all of you out there with pets, it could be worse!!
EBM
2 comments:
I feel your pain EBM. Ever since Spike was born I have been so annoyed by Elsa. I can't imagine having three pets to deal with. Bet your toes are pretty though :-)
Wasn't LOST worth it? I am so addicted to that show that I embarrass myself by salivating.
We just have the one puppy and a foul mouthed parrot. That is plenty. No MORE.
Post a Comment