Sunday, May 4, 2008

My favorite time of the year

This next week is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love Spring, I also love Mother's Day. It is actually the only holiday that I celebrate. I do not want gifts on Mother's Day, maybe a meal or something. Last year when I was pregnant with Baby Gnat Mr. Anti-Hippie and I had the most romantic evening buying garden plants and planting my garden. In previous years Eddy and the Anti-Hippie have treated me to breakfast and showered me with gifts.I do not expect anything other than to sleep in and not be asked to do anything on that special day. When I was single and working as a waitress, I always hated working on Mother's Day it would bring out those people who only do nice things for their mothers on Mother's Day. I hated waiting on people who were so crabby and unappreciative, and those were always the people who did not tip very well anyway, so I never went too far out of my way with their service.
This is also my favorite time of year because I love planting flowers and my garden. This year with the grocery prices being so high, I am planning on a big garden. I am planning on tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, peppers, Banana and Green, pumpkins, water melon, various herbs, and lettuce.
I also secretly love this time of year because the school year is almost over, I love counting down the days until it is over, I like my job, but by this time of year I am ready to be finished.

2 comments:

Jill said...

When the school year's over, you can come plant my flowers and garden, becasue I have a BLACK THUMB!!

Earth Muffin said...

You've transitioned from a blogging slacker to a blogging overachiever! 3 posts in one weekend! Did your kids disappear for the weekend or something?