So I am the type of person that when I get down to the very last squirt of tooth paste in the tube, I will literally roll and unroll the tube until I get it out. I also put water into the dregs at the bottom of the dish soap, the hand soap, the laundry soap, my shampoo, and my conditioner. I have been known to take a hack- saw to plastic bottles of very expensive facial moisturizer to get the last few precious dabs out. I also add more vinegar to salad dressing bottles that are almost empty, and if you look in my refrigerator you might find condiments tipped up on their ends sitting in the door waiting for me to use the last of them. I am a firm believer in waste not want not.
Mr. Earthy Birthy (have not decided on a name yet Anti-Hippie 2 Mr. Firepants 2) on the other hand feels that if it is almost gone, then it is gone, eh what the heck just pitch it. I understand that I might be a bit compulsive with the "getting the last of it out" bit, but I am a strange bird.
The person that I am currently working with/for on the other hand takes this wasting thing to the extremes. She tosses things left and right, like today for example the refrigerator at work had some canned biscuits that we used to make doughnuts with a few weeks back, okay about a month ago, any way I walk by the trash today and there lies the 2 cans of biscuits. I am not a beggar and yes I can afford my own cans of biscuits, but did you really have to throw those away. Could you not have asked if I wanted them to make doughnuts at mt house for my kiddos?
Everyday our students bring in snack for snack time, we have an am class and a pm class so this is twice daily occurrence, half the time she throws out the bit that is left of the snack, well could you not save those tiny little bits of left overs and make say a potpourri of snack one day? or a buffet? I think the kids would enjoy a bit of this or that. I hate when anything gets wasted, is this wrong?
6 comments:
Hubbz is a big waster too! But he doesn't throw things away, he leaves his box of cereal with "not enough for a bowl" in the pantry next to the new box he asked me to buy him and the carton of lactose free milk that again doesn't have enough for a whole bowl of cereal in the fridge, again, next to the new carton he asked me to get him.
I have condiments upside down on the door of my fridge too (I even bought a little rack that hangs on the rails of the door shelves to keep them from falling over :-)
Hubbz is a big waster too! But he doesn't throw things away, he leaves his box of cereal with "not enough for a bowl" in the pantry next to the new box he asked me to buy him and the carton of lactose free milk that again doesn't have enough for a whole bowl of cereal in the fridge, again, next to the new carton he asked me to get him.
I have condiments upside down on the door of my fridge too (I even bought a little rack that hangs on the rails of the door shelves to keep them from falling over :-)
You know I agree with you totally. Al Gore would be proud!
Hee hee...I can just see you chasing the Anti-Hippie around with a hacksaw screaming, "There's still plenty of ketchup in that bottle!"
When was that picture of you taken? It's a beautiful shot! You're a hottie, EBM!
Hi! I just read the comment you left on my blog. "Mr. Firepants?" HAHAHAHAHAHA! (Ahem) Nice. :)
Ron
P.S. If I may vote... most certainly it's "Mr. Firepants!" How can ya not vote for that? :)
Post a Comment