Today I had a really important meeting about my student teaching and weeks ago I asked MIL to watch the kids, she even got out her calendar and wrote us down. Well earlier this week after she got back from seeing her favorite son in California I emailed her asking her if we were still on for her babysitting the kids while I went to my really important meeting. She emailed me back and said that she did not have us written in her calendar and that she could not babysit my kids. Crabby Patty ended up babysitting and she and Baby Gnat got along fabulously, so that worked out.
Okay MIL I get it, you are upset with me over something I did or said, and instead of telling me to my face, you are going to pretend that I did not give you all the information for the date that I needed you and instead of just telling me 'no, I can't' or 'no, I do not want to', you are going to make it look like I made the mistake about the babysitting schedule. GREAT, WONDERFUL, FREAKING FABULOUS.
Now, I am also dealing with some MAJOR behavior issues with Eddy these days, and we are really thinking something is physiologically WRONG with him and we are considering counseling and even medication. I am even considering military schools, because I have had it with his behaviors. I think there is something really wrong with him and I won't go into details because I am still going through the stages of grief. Right now I am at BLAMING.
So, we had it all worked out that Eddy would go over to my FIL's house before and after school. My FIL lives really close to the school and Eddy could walk or ride his bike to and from school. WELL, my FIL told The Anti Hippie TONIGHT (FRIDAY NIGHT) that he does not trust Eddy and he would prefer it if we could find other arrangements for Eddy for before and after school. FIL is just too busy with his ever expanding business to have to watch Eddy before and after school. Now, I get it I know Eddy cannot be trusted, he lies, he steals, he gets carried away, he won't stop, he is defiant, and he has some other problems. But he waited until tonight to tell us that he just can't help us, he just can't watch Eddy, and that we need to look into getting Eddy some psychological help and we need to look into getting Eddy before and after school care.
I am in tears right now, The Anti Hippie is out of town for his 2 week stint with the military and I am starting the most important part of my schooling right now, and I am supposed to find CHILD CARE over the WEEKEND.
WELL, HELLS BELLS!
I hope this gets better.
3 comments:
Awww, EBM, that sucks. I'm so sorry that IL's are flaking on you like that. How crappy! Especially FIL, because I know you guys have had that arranged for quite some time now. I mean, really...how long does Eddy have to be at their house before and after school? Would it really be that inconvenient for them to give him a snack and sit him in front of the TV for a little while to help you guys out? They could even give him some chores to do, so he's kept busy. It wouldn't kill them to try this arrangement out for just a little while and see how it works out. And you might just have to request that of them for a short while because of how difficult it may be for you to make arrangements for him this late in the game, especially with the Anti-Hippie gone. I'm so sorry, I wish I could help you out!
Does Eddy's school have some kind of after-school program you could put him in? I know it's also kind of late in the game for that too, but maybe it could be an option.
I'm sure everything will work itself out, but it's too bad you're having to go through all this stress right now. Hugs!
Oh EBM! I'm so sorry that everyone is flaking out on you and being unsupportive. I don't know what's going on with Eddy, but you are a great mom and always do what's best for him, so I know you will all get through it! Sending you hugs from up north.
Thanks Girls, Eddy has a medical issue that is causing the misbehaviors and we are really trying to deal with this one step at a time! Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment