Monday, August 4, 2008

Not a Very Good Friend


Dear Earth Muffin,

I really need to apologize for not getting back to you about last Saturday and the Live on the Levee concerts. I really meant to get back to you and tell you that we had a retirement party to go to and that I just really have run out of time this summer. I am really sorry, as I knew that you wanted some time away from your house right now. I never emailed you to tell you that I was not going to make it and we never went to the retirement party because Eddy was not being a very cooperative child and Baby Gnat is teething horribly right now.
I really wished I would have said "Mr. Anti Hippie, you can handle this" and gone to the concert. I am sorry that I never called or emailed.

Please get in touch with me this week so we can plan a "play-date" before we have to get back on schedules and the like!

Love, EBM

2 comments:

Jill said...

I have a play date for you. Come up to B/N to keep "Cook" company after her neck surgery with me and EM! She can fill you in on the details!

Earth Muffin said...

Don't worry about it. To be honest, I completely forgot about the concert and I was so wiped out from my ridiculous trainings earlier that week that I spent Saturday doing absolutely nothing! You are a fine friend and you know that I, of all people, understand challenging older children, crabby babies and husbands who, while wonderfully supportive, cannot handle those situations with the grace and patience necessary. We both have a lot going on right now and it'll be a challenge to get our play-date groove on, but we must try! I'll be in touch soon. Check your email though...I'm less and less of a phone person these days! Love ya'! -EM