Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby Sitter , copied from Earth Muffin

As posted over at The Land of Earth Muffin, here are some reasons why the babysitter rocked:

1. As a mother of a newborn baby, the babysitter did everything I asked. From holding her a certain way when she fed Baby Gnat her bottles of breast milk, to having her ready to go the minute I walked in the door. With our busy schedule, the babysitter knew that some days I was in a hurry.
2. As mentioned by Earth Muffin she was willing to use cloth diapers. This was a big selling point for me. She sacked the diapers up each night for me to take home and wash. This saved me loads of cash.
3. The babysitter was not that expensive considering all my requests. She was $25 a day, or $100 a week, so if the baby went the whole week I got Fridays for free. Looked into sending her to TTLC, which is a pre-school day care center just a few more blocks away, and they would not do cloth diapers, breast milk, and since she was not potty trained and was in diapers it was like $175 a week, with a three day minimum. Well Mr. Anti Hippie's work schedule is so crazy there would be some weeks where the baby would attend the whole week and some weeks where she would only need care one or two days.
4. My final reasons can be summed up into one last number. The babysitter knew what it was like to be a working mother. I also came at lunches to feed the baby. I too had a nice quite place to sit and nurse. Finally, the babysitter is just a genuinely nice person, one of the nicest that I know. I will miss her, as I am looking for a new sitter because of our recent move. I know that the new sitter probably will not let me use cloth diapers, and I know because of work obligations that I will not be coming on my lunch to nurse. Babysitter, thank you. Thank you for caring for Baby Gnat as if she were your own. I miss you and I recommend you to anyone who will listen.

No comments: