Friday, May 14, 2010

Hey there Earthy Birthy How the Heck are You?


Hello Blog

I am Earthy Birthy Mama, you might remember me from about 9 months ago. Well hopefully I am back.
Let's see, where to begin; let me do a quick recap of the past nine months.
August 2, 2009 we welcomed Danger Hawk to our family. Eddy Haskel started the fifth grade. Two weeks into the school year Eddy placed a fake snake on the chair of his teacher, who by the by is deathly afraid of snakes. Great way to start and end the year, Eddy. So needless to say, we have had a helluva school year.
In September my Anti Hippie became a Chief in the Navy and I drove three kids up to Michigan to his pinning ceremony. I was honored to be the one to pin my husband, and I am so proud of him. He is now constantly on the computer and phone putting out fires for the United States Navy.
In October I returned to work after an extended maternity leave. I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade language arts. My school district and the school district in which I live are consolidating and this school year has been one of celebrating the old and looking toward the new. I work with a wonderful team of veteran teachers and I know now that this is what teaching is all about, having hated my job last school year.
In November I hosted Thanksgiving dinner which was a success. In December my Eddy Haskel turned 11 and we celebrated the holidays with over indulgence and family.
January, February, and March passed in a blur of snow and really crappy weather. I taught units on the Iditarod, recycling, and Dr. Seuss. I still really liked teaching. Baby Danger Hawk went from being a crying baby to being a crying, drooling, and able to roll and scoot everywhere baby.
In March we left the 'not so good' babysitter and now have a sitter that comes to my house to watch the kids, uses cloth diapers, folds my laundry, and sometimes even does my dishes!
In April we planned our garden and had the hottie from the neighboring town come and till up our garden and our back yard where the Koi pond used to be. As April progressed Baby Danger Hawk began crawling. We got a new puppy. Whom I love and hate with a passion. I love the fact that I will have a dog that the kids can grow up with, but I HATE puppies! I enjoyed a night of pizza and libations with Earth Muffin and Mr. Earth Muffin. I went to see Jake's Leg with a bachelorette party. I also went to the ER with Gnat, who fell in the shower and hit her eye.
Now we come to May and boy what a May it has been already. I was informed that I will be teaching 7th grade next year, as I previously mentioned we are consolidating with the neighboring school district and we are making preparations for next year. This means up to 58 classroom moves and a change that means great things for our kids, but for people of the community it is the end of an era. So as we come into May and my school year ends, I am still here. More laundry, a dirtier house, growing kids, busier schedules. I love my crazy family and when they smile at me, or tell me they love me, it makes it all worth while. Glad I am back, I need to make this a regular habit. See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

Earth Muffin said...

Make sure you have some work for the hottie in the next town to do next time I come over.

Glad you're back! Love, EM