
As my two readers know I spent the past 5 months completing my student teaching. I was very busy and it was kind of stressful. There was the new baby-sitter, there was the before and after-school Eddy child-care fiasco, and then there was the actual student-teaching part; the part which I enjoyed the most!
In the beginning, the Anti-Hippie and I were faithfully taking my temperature every morning when the alarm went off. See, my BFF had given me her The Art of Natural Family Planning book and up until one weekend at the beginning of October I was successfully following the 'plan'. That is until I got, lazy, careless, fill in any number of words here, and I just stopped taking my temperature and keeping track of my monthly cycle. Around Halloween the local coffee-shop had a party where they had a fortune-teller. When I saw the fortune-teller she told me I was pregnant, I laughed my ass off because I thought it to be absurd, I think I had recently had my period and The Anti-Hippie and I were not planning on trying for another baby until August of 2009 or 2010 depending on my job situation. Well folks, I am pregnant! I go to the Doctor on Tuesday where they will do a sonagram to determine how far along I am and we shall see. My neighbor seems to think I am farther along than I think and I think I am only about 10 weeks. So if you are the gambling type we can start taking bets on when it is due and when it will actually arrive.
Oh yeah about the job situation, hopefully I will have an interview next week for a resource room position that is available, I will keep you posted on this as well as the other happenings in my life.
2 comments:
Mrs. Granola thinks you are about 8 weeks along, but that is only based on me telling her you thought you were due August 1st. You should call her because she thought she knew of a CNM up in your area. I figured it would be safe to tell her, since you hardly ever see her...plus I knew you'd want some practitioner info from her.
Like you said, all things happen for a reason and this will be a good thing. Hope you're feeling well and good luck with the interview!
Congratulations, EBM!! I have a beautiful, beaded bracelet for you to use when the big day arrives. It worked well to keep me focused last December because it was so lovingly crafted and I'd love to share it :-)
Post a Comment