- I am working on my Master's Degree right now and the teacher and the assignments are stressing me out
- We recently sold our house and I need to pack and then move
- My eldest has some behavioral issues we are trying to work out
- My husband supports all that I do, but for crying in a bucket he is just a man ie. (he cannot multi-task)
- If it snows one more time, I think I'll just cry
- This whole teacher and assignment thing is my true hang up, I think?? I just think this person has no business teaching this class, oh and did I mention the next class too. She is pretty much wasting my time and money, but these are my last two classes before I student teach
Thanks for reading, EBM
4 comments:
Yeah. I know what you mean. I hate it when I lose my milk too.
Okay, I totally cannot relate to this blog. But I just had to put my wise cracking talents to work.
Sorry. :(
Thanks Ron, at least I SMILED!!!
Honey, you are doing fine. All the other stressors in your life are enough, just relax about your milk supply and your body will take care of it. It's all supply and demand. Baby Gnat is doing her job on the demand part and you've been doing very well with your super-pump.
If you really are worried, here are a few suggestions:
1. Pump, pump, pump. It's not always convenient, but it'll boost your supply. Pump at any moment you may have time. That long drive you have coming up would be great for that, and keep you from smoking!
2. Fenugreek tea, sometimes packaged as Mother's Milk Tea. It tastes ok and is supposed to be a nursing mother's best friend. I used it when I was pumping for Big M. The one weird drawback is that it makes you sweat an odor similar to maple syrup. The Anti-Hippie may ask you why you smell like pancakes.
3. Relax about it. The worst thing you can do is let it stress you out. This is the one thing you have to just sit back and let your body do on its own. Come up with a relaxing mantra to use while you nurse and pump.
I'm sure La Leche League's website has some other suggestions and you can always contact a lactation consultant, if need be. That's what they're there for.
Good luck...and RELAX! XO, EM
Earth Muffin would be the expert on this, but I also hear beer is a good stimulant for milk production.... and if beer works, then certainly merlot would work too :-)
Post a Comment