So this Monday I will mark my 8 year anniversary that I started becoming the woman I am today. On that day 8 years ago I left the "Sperm Donor", packed my baby in the truck and took off. I got the truck and the babe out of that deal and I think it was the best deal I have ever been dealt.
I call him the "Sperm Donor" because that was his only job, that is all he did. When I got pregnant with Eddy Haskel I was 3000 miles away from home and he kept telling me that he would take care of us, well while I was pregnant he was not the one that was working, nor was he the one that was paying bills, no he was the one with the illegal job. He kept telling me that we could make a ton of money and that this is what he was meant to do, and that I needed a real job as sort of a cover so that no one would assume that he was really doing what he was doing. Well Eddy Haskel was born one very very cold December morning and the next thing that I knew, the Sperm Donor was calling me from jail telling me he was incarcerated, for something he really did not do, he did not know that there was an arrest warrant out for him. He had no clue.
Well hind sight is 20/20 but after Eddy and I were discharged from the hospital we went to the jail to bail him out, meanwhile I had to get rid of his illegalities in order to have enough cash to make his bail. I should have left his ass in jail, but like I said 20/20. So by this time I am so home-sick that I just want go back home and see my family and become grounded in reality again. So we jump bail and I bring him back here to the mid-west thinking this climate would make him want to be more responsible and actually have a job. RIGHT??
Well it did not work out, needless to say when we got back here it just lead him to do other illegal stuff, he did get a job. He was not the upstanding citizen he should have been nor the father that I really wanted for our babe. He was a scammer, always looking for an easy way out. This was not who I wanted to raise my baby with, so that Monday I left not thinking about my future, but certainly not wanting to waste anymore energy on him, while I had this baby to raise and set an example for.
So over the past 8 years I have raised one terrific boy child, graduated from college, found the Greatest Guy in the world the Anti Hippie, had another baby, Gnat, and learned many important lessons. I am a strong woman who can accomplish many things and who made some wrong decisions, but who worked her ass off to right those wrongs.
Happy Liberation Day, Monday March 3rd!!!
Love, Earthy Birthy Mama
4 comments:
Congrats in growing a brain just in time! And may your tribe increase.
Congratulations to you on your Liberation Day! We'll have to celebrate that properly at our next girly night!
Happy Liberation Day to you!!
And I better be invited to that Girly Night! :-)
I know this blog is nearly a year old, but I feel privileged to have the opportunity to experience part of your life through your eyes, anecdotes, and words. I'm glad we're getting re-connected. Slowy but surely, I'll make it through all of these blogs, filling in some of the blanks I have missed out on during the last decade or so.
Ray
Post a Comment