
My mother has been bugging me for weeks about what to get the kids for Christmas/Hanukkah. I told her Eddy would appriciate a membership to the zoo, horse riding lessons, or art lessons. I told her Gnat would love a Waldorf Doll. Waldorf Dolls are made exclusively of natural fibers and the doll that I linked here is a fair trade doll, which means that the people making the dolls are treated fairly and paid a fair wage. I love this doll and coveted these when I was a little girl. They will allow so much imagination to the little girl or boy who plays with it, as they are not electronic and they encourage imaginative play.
Crabby Patty called me today to let me know that she does not like the doll and she will not be buying it for the Gnat. Okay, then why the fuck did you ask me what she wanted? Crabby Patty, being an expert in fiber art, said that the doll was too expensive and she thought it was ugly. Well riddle me this, will she be playing with the doll?
So I guess Santa Earthy Birthy and Santa Anti- Hippie will be buying the Gnat her very own Waldorf Doll.
2 comments:
Those are so cute. And yeah, they're a little pricey, but I bet they last a lot longer and get played with more than a cheap plastic doll!
Well, yeah, that American Girl doll that Gnat has is so much more practical for a one year old.
Post a Comment