So yesterday Papa Earthy Birthy was off of work so he was lucky enough to get to stay home with Eddy Haskel and Baby Gnat. I am secretly jealous of his work schedule, because he works 24 hours and then has 48 hours off of work. I leave for work and he and the two kiddos are still in bed a- snoozing. Yesterday was an exception because normally I have to get myself ready as well as Eddy Haskel, yesterday however he was off of school. The point of this post is the fact that I think Papa Earthy Birthy should get up with me in the morning, I think he should help me get out the door by making coffee and over-seeing the shower taking of said boy child. He argues that since I do not get up with him on the days when he goes to work, (waking up at 4:45am) that he should be left to sleep. Okay, granted on the weekends I really do not get up when he does, but during the week, yeah I am waking up when he does, I might not physically be out of bed but I could be, all he would have to do would be to ask. I have these grand dreams of actually getting up and doing Yoga as he is leaving, but alas I have not.
So I see his point of view that I should let him sleep, but why? Why do men need more sleep than women do? I get up with the baby, I feed the baby half asleep, I cook, I clean, I do more laundry than I ever thought I would. Why can he take naps and not feel guilty about it? When you are up, you are up, right?? Why do I think there are more important things to be doing, other than sleeping?
Like an old boss of mine said to me on a daily basis, many years ago "You can sleep when you're dead!"
2 comments:
Ok, now I can leave a comment! I'm with you on this one, obviously, since you read my last blog! They are big babies...and although we love them, we should also consider them to be one of our children some of the time. Imagine what would happen if we weren't around. Our lovely homes would come crashing down around us!
I feel your pain, as I noted in a recent post. Why IS it so easy for men to take time off from "parenting" while we feel guilty??
Welcome to the blogging world. Looking forward to your future posts! :-)
Post a Comment